Saturday, February 6, 2010

Proud Mom Moment


Hey all - I just wanted to let you all know how proud I am today! My eldest, William, signed up to join the Army Reserve, and today he left bright and early for his first "weekend warrior" training... he's just 17 and a half, he won't be 18 until July... and he's a Junior in high school. Yet, he decided to join the Reserves - and even though I know he won't be called to go anywhere until at least he's out of high school, that doesn't diminish the pride I feel knowing he felt the call to serve his country... I actually come from a long line of Service people. My dad, my grandpa, my other grandpa, my step-dad, 3 of my uncles, my ex-husband, his brother, my cousin, just to name the ones I can think of off the top of my head. There are probably a lot more that I don't even know about! I looked into it when I was in high school, but I've always had an issue with my weight so I didn't join. Looking back, I should have just bitten the bullet and lost the weight way back then and gone for it - but if I had, there's a very good chance that NONE of my kids would be here, so I won't be going back to re-do any of this life of mine (even if I could)!!!

Not really too much more to report on today - I have done a few small things recently, a hotpad, some coasters, a tawashi and a couple dishcloths were the most recently completed crochet-related items I've made. (The pattern for the heart dishcloth can be found HERE. A big thank-you to April over at Dishcloth Diaries for designing such a fun pattern!) I'm also working on making a dozen 12" squares, then there is a scarf I've got in the works, (I actually have 3 scarves in the works - I might want to get busy on those!) along with a myriad of other projects I'd love to see completed... oh, and I still have to work on getting our tax stuff together (yay).

Thanks for stopping by - I hope you have a wonderful day, week, month, year and life!!

No comments:

Post a Comment